Treasures of the Var coastline, the 3 Golden Islands, in the Hyeres bay, are the jewels of this part of the coastline.
Loaded with history and vestiges of a rich past, they are also places for excursions and very pleasant hikes all year round
- Porquerolles, the largest, with the most beautiful beaches, to discover on foot or by bike.
- Port-Cros, National Park, a paradise of underwater fauna and flora.
- Ile du Levant, a paradise for naturists.
A legend told to us by the Hyères writer Gustave Roux, speaks of 4 daughters of surprising beauty whose father, Prince Olbianus, was proud.
One day, while they were bathing off our coast, pirate sails appeared on the horizon.
Their father, aware of the danger, begs them to return to shore as soon as possible, but the unfortunate girls have strayed too far.
The father, in despair, kneels on the beach and begs heaven to save his unfortunate treasures. A metamorphosis then takes place.
The four daughters of Prince Olbianus felt their limbs transforming, freezing, stiffening, petrifying: they were changed into islands, and the one closest to the shore, already stretching out its weeping arms towards him, became the delightful Presqu'île de Giens.
Practical information :
Access to the islands is from La Londe les Maures from April to All Saints' Day with the company "Bateliers de la Côte d'Azur".
Departures for Porquerolles, Port-Cros, Croisière des deux Iles, Coastal cruise with stopover in Port-Cros and Cruise in Saint-Tropez from June to September
It is also made since :
- Hyères : la Tour Fondue : daily departures and all year round for Porquerolles and Port Saint Pierre : daily departures and all year round for Port-Cros and Le Levant
- Le Lavandou : daily departures all year round for Porquerolles, Port-Cros and Le Levant